Sunday, August 29, 2010

My first forge!

Hey everybody, so I started to build my paint can forge. It is just a paint can with some ceramic insulation wool coating the inside of the can. I coated the wool with a refractory paste called "satanite". It is almost like clay. Here are pictures of the forge so far.


Ok, so this is the paint can coated with the insulation I used called "Insowool". I used about 2 ft of it.













This is the forge with the second coat of "satanite". All I used for the the applicator was a small toothbrush.













Right now I have applied my third coat of "satanite" and it is in front of my fan drying. Tomorrow I plan on doing my "first heat" and that is a pretty self explanatory phrase. We will see how that goes, oh and tomorrow I plan on doing an overview of all the tools I have so far. And also an overview on the tools I need. Well thanks everyone for reading this post. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments on what you think of the pieces or any tips you might have for me. Any comment is appreciated. Thanks!